*Image is a representation of this item. Actual item may vary.*
Hover over image to zoom
OPW 1532R-0071 Visi-Flo® 1500 Series Sight Flow Indicator
3/4 in. NPT, Bronze Construction, 400 PSIG, Flapper Ryton Indicator, Buna-N Seals
Ships From Manufacturer
Select Model & Quantity:
|1532R-0071||3/4 in. NPT, Bronze Construction, 400 PSIG, Flapper Ryton Indicator, Buna-N Seals||$471.00|
OPW - 1532R-0071 - Visi-Flo® 1500 Series Sight Flow Indicator
VISI-FLO® Sight Flow Indicators
Dollar for dollar, sight flow indicators are the most cost efficient and effective way to visually monitor the flow of fluids and to determine where, if any, problems exist at certain points along the industrial process line. OPW has been manufacturing sight flow indicators for over 60 years. Our experience has led to many innovations in design and manufacturing, making VISI-FLO® the most thoroughly-engineered sight flow indicator on the market.
Exclusive 3-Year "No-Leak" Guarantee -
VISI-FLO's innovative radial seal creates a constant and uninterrupted sealing force between the body and outside diameter of the glass lens. This sealing method provides a longer lasting and better seal than conventional flat seals.
Maintenance-Free Design -
VISI-FLO's unique, bolt-on-body design requires no special maintenance or torquing sequence be followed to prevent leaks. This results in a safer, more reliable sight flow indicator than those units using tie rods to fasten lens and seal to body.
- Series: 1500 Series
- Size: 3/4 in.
- Max PSI: 400 PSIG
- Connection: NPT
- Construction: Bronze
- Indicator: Indicator
- Indicator Material: Ryton
- Seal Materials: Buna-N
- Shielded: Shield Kit Not Included
One of the key strengths of sight flow indicators is their remarkable versatility. For example, they can be used:
- In a variety of industries.
- To monitor and verify fluid flow through filter, cooling, intake/outlet pumping lines, as well as numerous other industrial processes.
- For troubleshooting or as backups for meters, switches, process indicators and other control devices.
Following are a series of examples where sight flow indicators can be applied.
- Power Plants
New Power Plants: Sight flow indicators monitor the flow of critical fluids, such as lubricants pumped to turbines in hydro-electric generators and water in cooling lines.
Older Power Plants: New, more reliable sight flow indicators replace aging models (and additional indicators are also deployed) during upgrades.
- Waste Water Treatment
VISI-FLO® sight flow indicators visually monitor the filtering process.
The most common point of installation: second stage aeration tank pumping lines.
The purpose: verify sludge removal to ensure efficient aeration.
- Petroleum Industry
Sight flow indicators visually monitor drilling pump operations. VISI-FLO® is used to show dirty fluids being pumped from a down-hole hydraulic cleaning process.
Should the indicator stop, this is a signal to the operator that the system is not cleaning properly and needs corrective action.
- Chemical Industry
- Paint and Varnish Processing Plants:
- Distilling Operations: Sight flow indicators are used to gauge color and clarity of fluids. An amber fluid color indicates proper distillation; a brown to black color signals the process has been disrupted and requires corrective action.
- Refineries: Sight flow indicators are used to monitor the draining of water from the bottom of storage tanks. The visual presence of oil in the indicator is a signal that the water is completely drained.
VISI-FLO® sight flow indicators are used in a variety of manufacturing applications, including, for example, to monitor:
- The draining of hydraulic oil from nitrogen charged accumulators in die casting machine manufacturing facilities.
- Proper coolant flow, which is so vital to the operation of welding machines.
- Efficient filtration of process fluids.
VISI-FLO® sight flow indicators are used in an array of OEM applications, including, for example:
- Compressor manufacturers install them on their products so end users can monitor the flow of water to compressor heads while in operation.
- Degreasing and defluxing equipment manufacturers use them to monitor recirculating solvent in cleaning operations and, thus, determine efficiency of the distillation/recovery process.
- Evaporators and filtration system manufacturers use them to monitor color and clarity of fluids in outlet lines and to confirm proper intake of fluids on inlet lines.
- As a back-up to electronic equipment; seeing is believing.
- On boiler feed lines
- With steam traps to know when a clog is developing
- In a blending operation to see color and clarity
- On cooling tower lines
- In distillation processes
- On paper machine condensate lines
- On water cooled air compressors
- At the bottom of a vessel to see if it is empty
- On lubricating lines of machine bearings
- On aircraft refueling trucks
- In solvent recovery systems
- On desalination equipment
- Potentially, anywhere that fluids are used, VISI-FLO can be used!